Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

How much top speed?

13K views 90 replies 66 participants last post by  plasticman05 
#1 ·
What can be expected out of the Street Rods for top speed, I saw some figures quoted on a Screaming Eagle 2005 model. I once smashed into the rev limiter in 4th gear when the only person on the road heading toward the Utah / Nevada border. Was gaining so quickly on a semi I shut it down. Never did see what the spedo said. It got on the hiway after being at a truck stop, popped my bubble. The bike pulls very hard but when it hit red line it stopped pulling like the brakes were used. Do not know anyplace in Nevada to off hiway find this out.

The numbers for the 05 SE were in the 130+ range if 28 tooth and 140 + if 30 tooth. Not sure how many tooth the front sproket is on the Street Rod, would the only difference be how soon the bikes get to max speed?

Thanks if anyone has an answer to this.:wazzup: morally:broke: ? not yet!!

#83 ·
141 mph, austin to san antonio on 35 south bound at 3 a.m. hell of a ride home!!!!

#84 ·
Anything over 40 kph and they can impound your vehicle in BC Canada. There seems to be a lot of young new Canadians with learner plates driving Ferraris in Vancouver. They get together and race around the city. It's not like the old days when you could actually feel what high speed was by the roar of the motor or the shimmy on the steering wheel. Modern cars/bikes are so smooth and refined at high speed.

#88 ·
I decided to open her up the other day and forgot to tuck in. I was sitting straight up and decided to let off when my helmet was swashed against my face to the point my vision got blured and looked down to see 130. It never felt like it quit pulling and seemed like it had more to go but didnt look at the tac. Its an 05 se with Rinehart 2-2, pc3 dyno tuned and k&n.

#91 ·
Well I know 9k = 147 mph w/ 28t and 180 tire. With the new Fitzgerald 1350 28t and 240 tire and the rev limit set at 9700 I hit 9450 rpm according to the VFRi log. Didn't see the speedo, I was praying too much. Did have to change my shorts after the front end wobble going into 5th tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.