Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

26 Tooth Pulley and Speeding Ticket.

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  The Russian 
#1 ·
Writing to share my awesome story!

So on 11\30\2012 my TurboTech 26 Tooth Pulley arrived from Ebay for my 06D. Installation was easy as can be. Id say this was easier than changing the damn spark plugs! haha. But it took me I'd guess no more than 40 minutes with 0 instructions and never even seeing my pulley before. "Did install and test on 12/2/2012 sunday"

So I'm off to test power gain and speed loss. Definitely a nice increase in power, spins the tire in 2nd gear at 45mph with a quick twist of the throttle. Speed loss couldn't be tested very well do to I didn't calibrate my speedo. but according to my speedo it was only about a 3mph loss. Probably wayy off due to not calibrating. But here is the kicker. I hopped on I20 here in Texas heading out from Weatherford towards Ft Worth. I just passed the 420 exit to Aledo when I decided it was clear enough, lets see what shes got. Didn't down shift just rolled on the throttle from 75 until i hit the rev limit. Looked down and saw between 130 and 140.."kinda fast to double check lol".... so i let off and slowed back down to 75 and cruise until I hit I30 exit and as soon as I get close to it I look back and see blue lights racing up to me. Of course im not thinking he's coming for me due to I hadn't been on the throttle at all for several miles. But low and be hold he follows me over to the other line. So I pull over. The cop gets out stern faced and goes, Do you have any Idea how fast you were going? I said well probably about 70-75 and he goes not now I'm talking about a few miles back.. So of course I kinda turn red face and say not really no and he hands me a print out slip from his car and it shows 139mph in 65mph!!!! I basically poop my pants at this pointing realizing in TX anything over 98mph is a free ride in a patrol car... After about 5 minutes of me dead quiet, The cop out of know where breaking the silence goes "What the hell kinda bike is that?!" So we start talking and me explain the v rod, he had never seen one. I'll speed this book I'm writing up a little. After about 2 hours of talking about bikes and what not. He hands me a ticket for 85mph in a 65mph and got to ride home. :angelwin:

Best traffic stop ever!... but sadly guys he wouldn't let me keep the print out of my speeds :(...... Also sorry for the book. But something like this needs to be explained!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Fun! You might consider a radar detector.....

#4 ·
well to be honest that would probably only be 2-3 time hitting those kinds of speeds on my bike. I'm more of a 0-to the speed limit kinda guy. But all of the posts I read before purchasing the pulley said it really hits your top speed, so I figured I'd see how much and apparently it's not that damn much haha.

#5 ·
I got off scott free from a triple digit ticket mainly because i was wearing a FF helmet and full riding gear. He told me several times that he was glad to see me wearing full protective gear. LEOs can tell quickly what type they are dealing with.

#8 ·
Good story, thanks.
I, once, past some patrol car doing mmm maybe 124 it somethin, in 55 , plain didn't notice them, unmarked. According to them they tried to chaise me but didn't succeeded. Later that day got pulled over for this. Last month got in a little stand off with prosecutor at omnimus hearing in city court. Decided to take a plea of going 35 in the 25.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.