Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Who has ditched the clamshell and installed other gauges?

4K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  XvtxCrewzr 
#1 ·
I like the looks of the CVO Air-box and gauges but it looks like they are hard to come by. Has anyone completely over hauled their gauges? Perhaps new handle bars and new air-box cover? Pics? Cost?

Been thinking about doing some changes to my 2006 Night Rod.

#18 ·
Looks great. Where did u get the bars, relo kit and riser?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
Yea... that is the look I was thinking about.... Very clean!

Just checked out the rest of you uploaded photos and that is a sharp looking bike. How is the reach on the new bars? I feel like I am leaning to far forward even with the 1" riser lift I installed a few weeks ago.

#5 ·
I installed Dakota Digital's gauges. Changed bars to VRSCDX and aftermarket risers. THis is on my 2007 VRSCX. Speedo shows 100,000 miles on bike.

#9 ·
For the Dakota Digital I know they are not plug in pay from the mfg, I had gone out and bought the connectors to turn it into plug and play so you can make them into it. Only after market two that come to mind that would be straight p&p would be the V&H unit, and I believe the VGauge

#10 ·
Pretty sure v-gauge is no longer made. I wouldn't mind a new skimmer gauge either, I need something where I can adjust for changing my front pulley(speedo tuner didn't work for me).

#21 ·
Here's mine........

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.