Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Goodyear is going to leave us high and dry

7K views 39 replies 11 participants last post by  SmittyOK 
#1 ·
As the subject states, they are not going to produce the slick for our Destroyers. Apparently they don't make enough money to continue production, so if you've heard anything else, it's just a smoke and mirror show. I just sent in an inquiry and got a phone call response...the person I spoke to from Goodyear said that they are done with it.

So we have to figure out a way to make this work on our bikes, continue to risk wrecking, or find another brand. I know that Shinko makes a slick but its not the right size.

#3 ·
:them:

I thought their deal with rebranding for Harley regarding the Dulnop was done but hadn't heard Goodyear selling the Goodyear slicks were Kaput. :banghead:

Shinkos are definitely 17". Gene is currently running one on his V-Rod with the Kawasaki wheels.

#8 ·
I was told that the d3 compound was meant for cooler weather. Any truth to this? I've got enough time and money invested into getting this M/T to work for me that I want to pull my hair out. I quess being close just isn't good enough for me. One would figure that goodyear would see that they have sold every single one of those tires that they made. I bet if they made another run of them they would see the same result. Even if they up the price!:bash:

#9 ·
We have all been trying to let them know!

Not having much luck though, I have a new MT but have not mounted it. Am looking into the Goodyear to avoid gearing/geometry issues with the MT. Noel you got your Goodyear yet, would love to close the loop on the measurements taken at Norwalk.:helpme::coff::confused:

#16 ·
Ordered a new rear sprocket last week and its is supposed to be on its way from RC. Went with 57 teeth instead of the stock 59. I will post an update when I get some results. Hey Taxman, my M/T is spent and I am still nowhere near where I was with a Goodyear. Guess I'll have to order another one and try again.

So far my 60fts. are off by a tenth, and my 1/4 E.T. is off by 3 tenths. Best 60ft. this year has been 1.64 with an e.t. of 10.34. Not very satisfying considering I now what this bike is capable of doing.

#24 ·
I received this today.

Good afternoon Pat,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Dunlop & Goodyear.

Your e-mail has been forwarded to Bryce Jones. He will contact you.

Regards,
Consumer Affairs
Dunlop Motorcycle & ATV Tire Division

Goodyear/Dunlop Tires N.A., Ltd
PO Box 1109
Buffalo, NY 14240
Ph: (800) 845-8378 Fax: (716) 879-8425

#29 ·
I recently heard from the mid west distributor that the #2982 hard compound is still going to be made, but then I spoke with an engineer at Goodyear and he thought that they may not make any until next year and directed me to the sales department...I haven't yet heard back from them.

#30 ·
I called and left them a message but never got a call back! If you do hear back from sales please let us know. I want to run their tire but I need to be able to get them!

#34 ·
At PRI last week I spoke with the representative from Hoosier Racing about the Dunlap - Goodyear issue of tire availability. They said if we can create enough interest and demand Hoosier Racing may produce the equivalent tire for us. The contact at Hoosier Racing is Faron Lubbers and he is in charge of drag motorcycle tires, his contact number is (574)784-3152. As a group we need to start calling and specify the 25.0 x 7.0 x 18D in the D6 compound.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.