Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Trask Turbo Systems high output V-Rod system

29K views 90 replies 31 participants last post by  Consig64 
#1 ·
Our new high output system on a 1250cc dyno'd out at 213HP @ 13Lbs boost on pump gas. The system will make over 250 with fuel and engine mods.

Attachments

See less See more
#42 ·
just for the kit i bet....

trust me....

#43 ·
that air filter is damn fugly,love the rest ,but that filter needs some work,

sound very familiar work done to it that tim doherty(rip) was used to chat about ,doing to a standard 1130 bore

what cams is that set up runningand

is the girdle staniless steel or aluminum

#51 ·
Can you please list the minimum engine upgrades to safely run? I already have a 1350 with piston/rods/spring upgrades. Would I need any bottom end upgrades?
To be able to run safely with a 1350 turbo that's the big question ?
I took a different approach to try bullet proofing time will tell .
Assuming you have compression ratio 12 and not for turbo application imo your asking for big trouble. Transmission will need 2nd gear upgraded also.
Clutch is another problem.
People don't realize including myself when the 1350 was being pieced together how much motor it really is with the turbo.
Working on ironing out some issues with the high egts i had and won't know for awhile if going in right direction or not.

#54 ·
10.5 compression 8.5lbs boost roasted one slipper clutch spinning rear tire @ 65 mph just twisting throttle in just over 100 miles. Second slipper put red Barnett springs in then toasted turbo.
I'm sure there will be more weak links coming.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com App

#59 ·
I had a new slipper with red springs also and so far it has been a charm, with and without spray, I would highly recommend it for anyone trying the 150ish and above HP game and likes to twist the throttle. Haven't tested it on the track yet so let's see if it holds hard launches well ;) Lane have you dynoe'd your Frankenstein yet? How much was it making before the turbine was raped?

#62 ·
Kris
I was aiming to call you about your shaft and just never got around to it. You were pretty lucky thats all that happened.

All i'm doin this winter is workin on the breathing part. I'm not tearing motor down just to take a look. Leakdown test was really good for only 200 miles on build so I guess time will tell if ceramics did its job or not.

#66 ·
:them::wazzup:

#69 ·
I had once 190rwhp, stock+ weight,
10.8x s / 210 km/h

#82 ·
#89 ·
I am absolutely in for one of these.

#83 ·
I am all for anything that adds strength to this motor...but alas...can't afford one right now :(

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#85 ·
I think this is a must for me if I put the blower on a 1402. Even though I'm waiting for some results on the blower before I pull the trigger on that, you can consider me in if you have 9 and need a 10th.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.