Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

2006 engine on a 2009 frame ?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  arrouqi 
#1 ·
hi all, i tired to look around to find an answer for my question but with no luck.

i got into the setuation that i have to replace my engine of my 2009 night rod special, so i looked around but i found only one good used engine, 2006 night rod engine, is it going to fit my 2009 frame ?

#2 ·
Can't think of any reason why not. Only the Muscle is different (dipstick moved).

Sent from my e1808_v75_jbaol1_5647 using Motorcycle.com App

#4 ·
Anything 05 and newer will bolt right in. But the 06 motor is only a 1130cc and yours is 1250cc so there will be some computer mapping issues that will need to be addressed. What is wrong with your 09 motor it couldn't be rebuilt?

#6 ·
thanks for yoru input, yah i just had a confirmation from HD that they will wipe out the current map in my computer and will reload a readymade map (as they say they use it with any bike that has an aftermarket pipe and air filter).

speaking of my 1250 engine, there is a small crack in the crank cases (HD didnt have an explination of " WHY this happened, keeping in mind bike has full service history", i know it can be repaired somehow by wilding it but when you are talking about someone has no experience with rebuilding engines (HD qatar, yah i know its weird but, yah) and no one here in qatar has the experience, so i dont want to put myself in the situation of spending money and HD expensive labor hours and at the end it doesnt work.

#5 ·
Tyson is spot on.

These motors can be rebuild easy.

What happened to your motor?

Put a 1250 back in.

#7 ·
Ship it to Fitzgerald motorsports, I bet they'll be able to fix it right up for you. Cheaper then the new motor

#8 ·
How much is shipping to, and from, Qatar?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.