Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

brake light not working

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  PD87 
#1 ·
I noticed over the weekend my brake light was'nt coming on when using foot brake. After searching around here saw there was an issue with the rear brake switch, and rear brake failure. Has anyone come accross anything else besides that switch when the light has'nt come on. Works fine with the front brakes......

Mike

#2 ·
Simple test, short the two wires attached to the rear switch with a piece of wire or such. If it lights, bad switch, don't touch the frame you will pop a fuse. There is a better than stock replacement from auto parts store but I do not know the number, it is posted in another thread somewhere on here. PM me if you need a hand with it, garage is a mess but is open. You will need to bleed the brakes, got a bleeder if you need it.

#5 ·
Thanks guys, I did see the other links with replacement switches. I do have a brake bleeder tool, if it is the swictch. So there is no way to unscrew one and get the other in there w/out having to bleed it???? ;) Ill try jumping it this weekend.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.