Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

How much top speed?

13K views 90 replies 66 participants last post by  plasticman05 
#1 ·
What can be expected out of the Street Rods for top speed, I saw some figures quoted on a Screaming Eagle 2005 model. I once smashed into the rev limiter in 4th gear when the only person on the road heading toward the Utah / Nevada border. Was gaining so quickly on a semi I shut it down. Never did see what the spedo said. It got on the hiway after being at a truck stop, popped my bubble. The bike pulls very hard but when it hit red line it stopped pulling like the brakes were used. Do not know anyplace in Nevada to off hiway find this out.

The numbers for the 05 SE were in the 130+ range if 28 tooth and 140 + if 30 tooth. Not sure how many tooth the front sproket is on the Street Rod, would the only difference be how soon the bikes get to max speed?

Thanks if anyone has an answer to this.:wazzup: morally:broke: ? not yet!!

#52 ·
135mph tucked in @ 4:30am 33 degrees in Pa. Thank GOD no deer!!

#54 ·
Johnny HotFoot said:
..... I love you too!..... :kiss: .....I still remember (quite fondly) you raising the BS flag on my 135mph claim in a "What's your top-speed?" thread back in 2004 when I first got my scoot and joined this site and started postin' ........ anyone claimin anything over 130 and you threw up the flag...:bs:... prove it with GPS! :lamer:
I still don't believe 99% of them unless I see thier GPS:angeldev: you included:spank: !I still think your Cool it's just allot harder to go Really Fast then people think. Not saying you didn't but #1 it's DANGEROUS UNLESS DONE ON A SAFE RACE TRACK!#2 IT AGAINST THE LAW#3 IT WILL KILL YOU OR MAIM YOU FOR LIFE:angelwin: !

#56 ·
After installing CFR (and new PCIII map) I can't hit the rev limiter anymore, but top speed doesn't seem to go higher than 135mph (speedo). I guess I'll need a better map...

#57 ·
Red lined at 135 yesterday in the desert, nothing more left. I was scrunched down behind my small windshield as best I can. Maybe a sesson on the race tuner and the Euro spec front pulley will help???

#58 ·
Philthy said:
Red lined at 135 yesterday in the desert, nothing more left. I was scrunched down behind my small windshield as best I can. Maybe a sesson on the race tuner and the Euro spec front pulley will help???
i'd go and OLDSCHOOL 02 Pulley instead:wazzup: Who am I kidding Chain drive and be done with it"and 27 different sprockets":broke: works for me:kaz:

#59 ·
harleymon55 said:
135mph tucked in @ 4:30am 33 degrees in Pa. Thank GOD no deer!!
I was chatting with an ex state trooper a few years ago, he told me a story (true, he said) of how he got a report of a blood covered bike leaning up against a tree along this very long staight road leading to some state owned facility in northern Pa. As he went to check it out, he came across a guy carrying a helmet walking along the road, the rider was covered in blood. They went to where the bike was, he found half a deer well off the road to one side, the other half well off to the other side. The cop said "I have one question, how fast were you going when you hit the deer?", the guy said "150"!! The cop said "I guess it wasn't your day to die".

The rider must have hit it dead center, like a meat cleaver. I suspect his undies were quite brown as well.

#60 ·
Guys.............most of you know the limitations and capabilities much more than I do on this.
Yesterday I went out in 55 degree weather. My 04B has PCIII/VMods/K&N/
And I have my top still on.

I matched the fastest I ever went on it: 115 on the spedo.
The amazing thing was it pulled just as hard and fast from 100 to 115 as it did from 70-90. It got up there much quicker than I recall the last and only time I had it that fast. I had much less time to get scared.......which scared me even more! Shut it down as soon as it hit 115. I probably have only 2-3 more days of riding this year. What a way to end the riding season!!!!
Damn I love this bike. The VRod is the only bike for me. The perfect blend of performance, style, and the magic "it" factor.

#61 ·
Sinbad said:
I was chatting with an ex state trooper a few years ago, he told me a story (true, he said) of how he got a report of a blood covered bike leaning up against a tree along this very long staight road leading to some state owned facility in northern Pa. As he went to check it out, he came across a guy carrying a helmet walking along the road, the rider was covered in blood. They went to where the bike was, he found half a deer well off the road to one side, the other half well off to the other side. The cop said "I have one question, how fast were you going when you hit the deer?", the guy said "150"!! The cop said "I guess it wasn't your day to die".

The rider must have hit it dead center, like a meat cleaver. I suspect his undies were quite brown as well.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That guy must have some strong mojo with the Big Guy upstairs!! What a story!

#63 ·
Been 135 mph on Interstate hwy with stock R (except for SE air filter) with rpm's left to go. Might go 140 -145 with a tail wind. Steady as a rock at 135. Passed highway patrol about 3 miles after I got back to 70. I wonder what a 135 mph ticket would cost? Close one.
G's are good... OK.

#66 ·
I *might* have been curious ONCE coming back from Devil's Tower towards Spearfish, and the road was magically empty.

~135mph with a tuck, X-shield, V&H, PC-V, topless and a hella tune.

Saw God, saw what the bike could do, called it a day.

It might be a brick, but it's a pretty fast brick!

R.

#67 ·
Upside down top speed

Around where I live there is a nice straight piece of road that you can let the dog off the chain. I have had my Street Rod off the clock which was reading 240 kms/h, which is about 150 in your language. This was before mods for more power. In Australia we have the different front sproket, so this would add to top speed figures. Now I dont know if the speedo is as accurate as the fuel gauge - but I do know I was hauling ass, and she was happy to pull more. Good fun, but not advised where you might take out innocent bystanders.

#69 ·
Dunno, in no hurry to find out. I would never intentionally exceed the posted speed limit.:cupcake

(Thankful that I live in a rural area with county roads & few deputies on patrol & only 1 OSP trooper.)

#74 ·
130 indicated MPH with a sport fairing.

#76 ·
Wow that is amazing fast!

My totally stock 03 seems to level off around an indicated 137 on a prolonged full throttle run. That is with my camping gear strapped on the back seat and clothes loaded in the saddle bags going down I-5 north of Sacramento. I wonder how much wind resistance the bags add? After that run I was turning my head to make sure the bags were still attached :moped:.

#78 ·
Did the same try with my Honda RC51.. in jeans and tshirt(retarded I know but fun as fu-k).. 297 km/h.. had alot more to give but I chicked out..

The Kawasaki VN800 did about 170 with same setup... had noting more to give..

My Ducati Monster 620.. about the same as the v-rod.. 210 km/h but with larger clothes but pressed against the tank..

Fastest and cheapest way to gain speed.. loose weight ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.