Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Offical VRSCDX picture thread!!!

1M views 3K replies 605 participants last post by  Jeffs2016V-Rod 
#1 ·
I know I'm a newer member around here but I would like to see a picture thread for our DX's. I've been floating around the forum and searching but haven't seen one consolidated place to view DX pictures only. I've been a member of numerous other forums with specific picture thread for anything and everything. I think it would be great idea to see what everyone is running from stock to one off customs especially since we already have our own sub forum. So lets see what you have, anything to show off your DX!!!!! Mods...if its a good idea can we sticky this???? If im off base or it's something we can't do please let me know.

#1,347 ·
Here is mine back together after paint.

Attachments

#1,349 ·
I removed the heat shield by grinding off the 4 spot welds rather than wrapping over it and possibly looking ugly.

#1,351 ·
Definitely off the bike I don't think a neat job could be done on the bike and its a very messy process.
Once wrapped I also used the DEI high temp silicone spray to seal the wrap and it also makes it more black.

#1,353 ·
2xite ..... Great shot , will look wild with F wheels on .... Will you put up any close up shots of tins now they have the red candy on .???

#1,354 ·
Thanks mate! I'll post some pics up as soon as I get the pics off my mate on a thumb drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#1,361 ·
zz rod:

Bad azz my friend! I have the rear arnotts installed already and I have the front air suspension kit, just haven't installed yet. Can you point me in the direction for a "how-to" and what I would need to buy to make mine wireless?

thanks zz, SICK SET UP MAN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wiBSxr4gLw
I just followed this guy's specific instructions and everything works perfectly.

Check it out on his thread:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121265

#1,364 ·
Its a kit engineered and manufactured by fellow forum member badvr, but he doesn't produce them anymore.

I believe Tricky air and billet makes something like it but it requires you to replace the whole front end and its in the neighborhood of $3k

#1,363 ·
I took this shot a few months ago and just started messing around with it yesterday. Bike is dirty but you really can't tell with the satin finish.
I have a 10'x20' lightbank suspended in my studio that gives off the smoothest reflections ever.

Attachments

#1,365 ·
Got my plastic parts back from painting today so now my new tin set is ready to be mounted on my DX...

#1,383 ·
Whistler, you and I are going to have to hook up. Your right next door! I'm in San Mateo. I go through Burlingame on my way up to Dudley's HD in SoSF. Do a lot of Meetup group riding. We just got back from the Corbin saddle factory tour and lunch in Hollister. We met Mike Corbin. We're going back for the 4th of July biker rally there 10% off everything. I'm ordering a custom saddle set with back rest. They'll make it right there and put it on you bike. check out Mike's site: http://www.corbin.com/

#1,371 ·
Mad Dog Jim [IMG said:
http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o717/jketley/2012-12-06123029-1.jpg[/IMG]
You live and ride in the best motorcycle region! From San Jose to Santa Cruz to Oakland hills. Would you happen to know if route #1, " Devils Slide" tunnel has been completed ?

#1,382 ·
Nope!?! Here's the latest news HN, straight from the NBC Bay Area Jan 10, 2013 site:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Devils-Slide-Bypass-Readies-for-Debut-186240961.html

The tunnels themselves are done. just the electronic systems and fan hookups left to Finnish. Prob in 2 months is my guess. But, they are only 1 lane in each direction. That was short sighted. Should have been 2 lanes. I rode past them on Devils Slide and was shocked at how small they where. If there is a serious accident, there will still be directional closure. You'll just be stuck in a tunnel and you can't turn a Semi around in there. Since they are circular, you can't fit 2 Semi's in one tunnel...and what about coastal growth and special events like Mavericks of the Pumpkin Festival. S_O_S!!! What a waste for far worst traffic problems... :(

#1,374 ·
Winter project almost complete...

#1,377 ·
Winter project almost complete...
I didn't think I would like the grey, but it is different and has a lot of potential. I would suggest it just needs a splash more color for contrast purposes. More red maybe? Just my .02.

#1,378 ·
A few more pics

A few pics.

Attachments

#1,389 ·
Picture of my new 2013 Night Rod. This is before I added a rack and back rest for mr GF. I see alot of black bikes in all these posts. Doesn't anyone like red like me? Almost matches my 2012 Challenger. :eek:)
Yeah, that's is a nice color AndiNi! But the earlier Night Rod Specials where blacked out. They where supposed to be part of the Dark Series. Hence the name "Night Rod". Everything has changed now. I think Harley decided in 2011 to have offered more colors to the VRSCDX. Bugt I'm not sure. Anybody else know?

#1,391 ·
Most popular colors are black denim (1) and vivid black (2). You probably see those continue on ito the future.You don't see a lot of other colors unless people custom paint them or like you buy red color at purchase. If Harley produced a full range of color options like say Ford, the you would see more variety on the street. Problem is the only have 3 now. Red wasn't around in 2007 when mine was built. I like red, but I like the color on my bike and will stick with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.