Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

ProCharger V-Rod kits coming soon

36K views 182 replies 41 participants last post by  freudie1 
#1 ·
Hey guys new to the site, I just wanted to let you know I have teamed up with Procharger to build kits for the v-rods since they don't offer one. Protoype pics can be checked out at www.hennracingtech.com (they havent been updated in awhile but will get some new ones there this week. I have been working on this kit for about a year. It will be top of the line kit. If you have any questions shoot! I will try to get some pics up of the build asap!

#101 ·
The supercharger does not have that heat problem. I think he needs to make it work, determine if an IC is worth it, then dyno. Once the prototype is functional, and making good power, round two in development is to harness some beta testers. Like what I did with TTS. Bolt one on, and continue to refine, make improvements, cut costs, and simplify. Is anyone else ready to assist? I will. PM sent. Joe

#106 ·
Dave,
Ride over sooner! About an hour from you? Not many riding days left. Joe

#110 ·
Sorry been away for a few days... when I mentioned the air/water cooler I was talking about having a separate heat exchanger for the water by using a thin transmission cooler mounted in front of the radiator much like the front mount inter coolers in the pics from this thread with its own pump mounted in the air box area presuming the plenum you are making leaves enough room for a pump (thinking of something like a Holley Blue pump for water transfer). My thought was it would be easier using a thin cooler mounted low to keep the water cool and the efficiency of the air/water would be better then risk having a thick enough core front mounted to properly cool the intake charge. Just my 2 cents though

#112 ·
well ive been working a bunch on it, the real blower will show up tomorrow and I received the inline filter assembly yesterday, intercooler is 1/2 done just waiting to mount the air filer to figure out dimensions for the back side of the cooler. just waiting on some materials to show up monday or tuesday i should have the bike together other than the outter belt/bearing support. this will also make the supercharger appear not stick out so far but that will be after dynoing it and getting some numbers. I looked at the trask kit and install pics.....not sure why they ran the air inlet temp in the air filter and not in the intake seeing actual readings....also the IAC is open to the atmosphere rather than in the intake......this will be interesting to say the least. I dont really like there idea of tapping the fuel pressure regulator, im not sure what there duty cycle is on those injectors is running, i put bigger injectors in. also looks like they are running each cylinders breathers back into the air intake....if so pretty sure that would pressurize the motor! just a few cool changes that should make a difference. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

#120 ·
Any chance of modifying the air box cover to make it wider (something that I think would look pretty cool on a VRod anyway). You could then add extra inlets and somehow place the intercooler next to the filter housing.

Just a thought...
I had the exact same thought after seeing a Ducati Diavel Carbon a couple days ago when I noticed how wide where the upper side covers with air inlets

#119 ·
Pics will be coming just waiting for next day air ups to come and machine a few parts! I am going to use a power commander, the kit will come with a map, Ill do everything i can to help for a tuning aid....you can pm me about it. as far as the air box goes everything the sky is the limit I am going to get this kit done then work on some new prototypes parts for the v-rod, I might go as far as building a cool turbo kit using precision turbos ..... ive been learning a lot along the way, I think i have enough leftover intercoolers and parts to make 10 different kits lol!

#126 ·
#125 ·
Want pics and plenty of pics :D

#127 ·
Is agree with the je box.but make it for a stock box. For starters so everyone can fit it .dam. for a NLC box u need a bank loan ,not mentioning a paint job to match the tins already on the bike ,if u can ,,I for one wouldn't be able to match my candies

also brian ,if theres a chance and u didnt gloss over it ,many of us have arnotts air ride and would love some space to fit the aircompressor ,that was the deal breaker for me on the sprintex kit ,absulutly no room left under the lid for anything

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.