Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Air box cover compatibility.

8K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Frank Sprio 
#1 ·
I am thinking about buying an air box cover. Is there any difference between the years?

I have a 2006 nightrod (narrow rear frame) and the after market cover is off of a 2011. Is it the same size?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
Which aftermarket cover? I've switched "2002 through 2006 -180 wide covers" to my "07DX 240 wide". The VRSCR Street Rod MIGHT BE A DIFFERENT ANIMAL.
Naw the airbox covers interchange among all the narrow frame models.I've got one from a "B" on my Street Rod.I think that the DX covers are the same also.

I've even seen a picture of a DX airbox cover used on a Muscle.

#5 ·
They fit. I have an 09 airbox c over on my 06R.

#9 ·
I have two 2007 R's, produced 11 months apart according to their VIN tags. The air box lids are very slightly different fitting between the two bikes. The lid on the later bike does not fit as close to the frame as the lid on the earlier bike. I also have an anodized aluminum lid from a 2002 VRSCA covered with a bra, and it fits both bikes better than the lid from the later production Rs stock lid. That is how much production variability there is on this part.

#12 ·
AW. Fits fine.

#14 ·
The problem I'm having is that I want a new cover, but the price for a new one is on par with a paint job. Every cover I've found on Ebay for less than 200.00 has a dent or scratches in it and would still need to be re-painted.

I think I may start my CF tin swap and say the hell with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.