Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Rotrex superchargers

7K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  CPTJAM 
#1 ·
Hi Guys' I just thought I would let you know that TTS still makes VRod kits for both Road and Race and we do sell them quite frequently. Someone mentioned some issues we had with the street kit. I think this was more down to my fitting instructions not being detailed enough then any actual problems with the kit. Martins race kit has been so successful and completely reliable I was thinking on making it a street kit, just reducing the power a little. Any input from owners would be welcome.
http://www.rotrexsuperchargers.co.u...es/harleyvrod/prod_harleyvrod_supersport.html

#2 ·
funny,i loved ur concept and where ur product was heading on its way to completion , we finally have a dude working on a procharger unit for vrods finally,cos u ran off to play with 109s ,for what felt like dumped us waiting on a finished product ,and now you turn back up ,i think id call that ironic ,no thanks ,

#6 ·
for race aplications yes ,and im not sure but martin had to iron out some issues to finish his off but the street version with all the cosmetics and finishing was never completed ,but thats only my opinion and i may be wrong, just finding it ironic that pro charger are coming up with something and by coincedence this thread opens up thats all ,how long has it been since were heard from from tts here ,

anyway enough of my crap ,be good to see some competition for some sales and on the street and strip

#7 ·
Richard, I sent you a PM. I think we can get there, and make a reliable, oil tight, powerful unit. Just a bit more refinement, I think. Send along the udgrades, and lets get this show on the road! Joe

#8 ·
Thanks Joe. The problem I have is i'm to busy for my own good and drop the ball now and again. All TTS do these days is design and build supercharger kits, both car and bike. With the recession everyone is hanging onto their penny's but with our vast range of kits we are still moving forwards. We got carried away with the M109 kit and only those with deep pockets will ever buy it. But thats one of many kits we have designed and built this year. I have sold quite a few V rod street kits and the troubles have been minimal and all resolved.

#11 ·
That is 2 of us.

Richard I hope all the bugs are gone.

Did you incorporate the changes Nitro Made to his?

#15 ·
Richard,

Can you get some pics and post them.

and do a build in an open forum with one of us.

I do not care who.

I will not be ready until after the new year.

This will be your chance of showing the support we people on the forum are looking for.

Keep in mind there are still a lot of people looking for that exta and have not pulled the trigger yet.

Hell even if you only sell 2-3 here it would be worth it.

#17 ·
Yea, let's see some pics of these "finished" v-rods.

#19 ·
Joe Meyer bought a kit off me a couple of years back and had a few issues after some mileage. Well Joe has just been back in touch and made a suggestion of running a tooth belt instead of the vee belt. The problem is that its a double sided belt and double sided tooth belts are even more rare. Anyway I did some home work and what do you know, there is now available a tooth belt thats in the ball park length wise. With a little bit of jiggling I can get this in our already revised kit. This will take a lot of load off the crank outrigger bearings as the belt wont need to be so tight to get drive. So we get 100% drive, no belt slip so consistant boost and give the bearings an easy time. So I'm on it guys and will try and get the new stuff machined up by the end of January.
I attach some photo's of the plenum and drive train as it is now produced. It's all CNC'd. The IC is still an issue as far as looks are concerned and we may revisit that again. IF anyone has idea's send me some sketches lets see if we can improve on that element as well.

By the way the Audi S5 V8 kit is awesome. 11.4 sec 1/4's at 120+ terminals. for whoever was asking :)

Attachments

#21 ·
I will be ready when you are! Joe

#24 ·
Mine's sleeping now, -10c... The SC has been working now but I had little troubles with it , first the oil leak and then I got new parts and installed them but the belt wheel sometimes made contact with base plate and it got loose and broke the shaft. My bad and again i needed some new parts which Richard then sent to me. After that no mechanical problems but i did not find anyone how could tune it with sert so i bought PCV and modded the map from PC3 and it was bit rich. This summer i installed the Autotune on it and it got much better but sometimes it lost idle. Maybe some kind sensor problem , also sometimes when I hit the redline on full gas it goes in to error mode. I have rode only maybe 4000 km with the SC , this summer was awful even in our scale and I mostly just rode to work and used my Deuce most of the time

#25 ·
Simply my observations: I save on CNC by making the plenum for air only. The blowby can go in a much less expensive can or better yet, be routed to a crank evac system at the exhaust. The blower oil can might be better separate as well, it will add a lot of heat to the charge you are trying to get rid of ! I'd skip the intercooler, or at most make it an option. I haven't seen anything yet to demonstrate they are cost effective on the VROD.

#27 ·
Heat is an issue - moving the blower oil tank away from the top of the engine is a great idea. I also plan on proofing with and without the IC. The blowby was a mess. Joe

#26 ·
I THOUGHT YOU HAD A FRONT MOUNT IC FOR YOUR RACE SET UP USE THAT.. I THINK MOST WOULD LIKE IT UP FRONT.. HOW MUCH DOES THAT SMALL UNIT ON THE SIDE REALLY DO.. I WILL WAIT ANOTHER MONTH OR SO WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THIS ON BEFORE SPRING GETS HERE ..SEEMS YOU HAVE 95% OF THIS COMPLETED TAKE A COUPLE OF 5HR ENERGY SHOTS AND GET THE BRAIN WORKING..

AS I WAS CORRECTED ABOVE GET THE PARTY FINISHED..:bat

#29 ·
Interesting....

Watching with interest.

Joe I'll give you a call this weekend.

#33 ·
Flying the Flag

I,ve been flying the flag for the TTS Race conversion now for 8000 miles ,learnt a lot in that time which i dont mind sharing ,like to do the road miles with occasional drag meets thrown in .
Its a simple enough system with the rotrex unit super reliable i find it works well with the powercommander v with autotune and lcd screen ,plenty of features to play with here .
I did a lot of research before i committed myself and dont think theirs another unit to compair it to .

#34 ·
I,ve been flying the flag for the TTS Race conversion now for 8000 miles ,learnt a lot in that time which i dont mind sharing ,like to do the road miles with occasional drag meets thrown in .
Its a simple enough system with the rotrex unit super reliable i find it works well with the powercommander v with autotune and lcd screen ,plenty of features to play with here .
I did a lot of research before i committed myself and dont think theirs another unit to compair it to .
Yes you have and we have watched your build.

Now Richard needs to come and answer questions and be apart of this.

He needs to represent the product he wishes to sell.

We the people on the forum are looking for someone to stand up and be there with the good, the bad, and the ugly.

To show that you really care about the end product.

Not just a another sell and a thank you for making my house payment.

Richard we are not lions, we are just looking for info and details.
I find the people on the form have a need to know habit of Proving things work the way they are designed.

Scham beat the daylights out of it and now Joe has it.
I hope things get worked out there and he can post up and share the info.

Please post up and lets talk....

Rod

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.