Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Black "R" / "A" Light Mod for the DX

178K views 289 replies 148 participants last post by  SUP_yohh 
#1 ·
Edit:
Pics are now in my gallery!

Original:
I was finally able to look in the box that was delivered yesterday here at work and I am happy to say, my DX will have a black "R" light on it, either tonight or tomorrow.

The "R" light is the same as, or close to, the "A" light.

If you are interested in doing this, here are the part numbers. My total cost delivered was $180 (from Zanotti):

3832M (2 each) - The screws that connect the light assy to the bracket.
3709M (2 each) - The screws that connect the bracket to the triple tree.
67657-05 (1 each) - The jumper cable that separated the high and low beam to the respective bulb.
69860-07 (1 each) - The bracket in black that holds the light assy.
69873-07 (1 each) - The light assembly that had the black bucket and the bulbs included.

From looking at the parts, it appears that no powder coating is necessary so this is an all black mod (except the screws).

I will take pics and post them when I am done with the change over.

If I do not need anymore parts, my DX light and fairing will be for sale if you are interested. I will post to the classifieds or eBay section.

See less See more
#2 ·
This is something I absolutely want to do as well ... please let us know how it goes and post pics ...

I will be very intrested to see how this goes

#5 ·
HDandBuell said:
I was finally able to look in the box that was delivered yesterday here at work and I am happy to say, my DX will have a black "R" light on it, either tonight or tomorrow.

The "R" light is the same as, or close to, the "A" light.

If you are interested in doing this, here are the part numbers. My total cost delivered was $180 (from Zanotti):

3832M (2 each) - The screws that connect the light assy to the bracket.
3709M (2 each) - The screws that connect the bracket to the triple tree.
67657-05 (1 each) - The jumper cable that separated the high and low beam to the respective bulb.
69860-07 (1 each) - The bracket in black that holds the light assy.
69873-07 (1 each) - The light assembly that had the black bucket and the bulbs included.

From looking at the parts, it appears that no powder coating is necessary so this is an all black mod (except the screws).

I will take pics and post them when I am done with the change over.

If I do not need anymore parts, my DX light and fairing will be for sale if you are interested. I will post to the classifieds or eBay section.
I wish I would have known I could order part# 69873-07 I ordered all those parts separately. And it is a lot cheaper for the fully assembled part. :( This thread will help a lot of people. :D

#6 ·
2008VRSCSPECIAL said:
I wish I would have known I could order part# 69873-07 I ordered all those parts separately. And it is a lot cheaper for the fully assembled part. :( This thread will help a lot of people. :D
having been following your other thread, i was thinking the same when i read this one!
oh well, you live and learn
:D

#12 ·
Nice Look

nicely done...actually I own the "A" and wound up painting my head light housing to match the Pacific Blue Pearl paint on bike. Then topped it off with the chrome visor...I noticed your light is also painted black to match bike.

#15 ·
How about light output??? I'm hoping to get more light with the swap as well. The DX light doesn't seem very bright to me. I know my sons 2007 Honda Rebel light is way brighter. And I'm gonna do the mod that makes the dim light stay on with the bright. :)

#64 ·
output

light is way brighter love the way it cleans up the front so neatly...whats this about gettin the dim light to stay on ?how is this done? ...and by the way rocker dan thanks now i want a visor brecket!:chair::D

#16 ·
Just bought all the parts, hope I don't need anything else!

So, fairly self explanatory how to replace?

I definitely want to make sure it's brighter too. I've got a PIAA bulb in my current one that helped, but we'll see how bright this is.

#17 ·
Neo541 said:
Just bought all the parts, hope I don't need anything else!

So, fairly self explanatory how to replace?

I definitely want to make sure it's brighter too. I've got a PIAA bulb in my current one that helped, but we'll see how bright this is.
You won't need anything else. If you run into any problems, let me know.

#18 ·
Sweet job

HDandBUELL, this is great research & documentation work. Sure to help a lot of people:) :plause: Congrats on the first sticky in the DX section, btw!

#19 ·
BeelzeKnut said:
HDandBUELL, this is great research & documentation work. Sure to help a lot of people:) :plause: Congrats on the first sticky in the DX section, btw!
Thanks. I think it is a great light and a good value if ordered properly.

It is kinda neat seeing the sticky. We gotta get some more.

#22 ·
nightrodder07 said:
i want that on my bike (DX) did someone say i can get everything in one kit(part number)?
In the first post, it shows the exact parts you need. I ordered from Zanotti's, and it was quick and easy. The mod is ridiculously simple. No instructions come, but none are needed, pretty simple.

If you have questions, let me know.

Here's mine after the mod.

#25 ·
Not here...

This is my wife. She completely understands why I need a :nos kit or a Turbo on my bike. I'm a happy fukker :diablo:

#26 ·
You Norweigan's rawk! :wazzup: Nice wifey! :D The headlight conversion is sweet. Your gallery exhaust mods are tough. :D The Powerline Mod is a must do. I have the complete VRSCA exhaust coming soon! This blows away the D&D as it flows with the lines of the bike. :notworth:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.