Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Custom-dynamics Rear Led V-tail light?

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  FABSTER 
#1 ·
Hi! Has anyone tried this Light? How is it in comparison with the one HeavyCycles were selling?

#4 ·
IMHO it's just a stop light in V shape, doesn't even have turn signals integrated. I personally prefer the Clear Alternatives one which has the signals integrated and that allows you to delete the extra rear signals, save a little weight and give a cleaner look to the rear end. Another plus is you can find it on ebay for around $50, 1/3 the price of the V light.... If they make a veraion with integrated signals I might be interested but I guess it'll be in the $200+ range... :broke:

#8 ·
Poor quality. If you don't need the turnsignals, buy the HD one for 119.00. Much better than the CA. Joe

#12 ·
I have a Clear Alternatives one, you can find them on ebay for $50 shipped. Mine is 2 yrs old and no issues. I guess people preffered to pay $400 for the HeavyCycles, wait 7 months to get theirs with no customer support or assistance from the start... :coff:

#13 ·
I can see that. I still havent received the light ,but as asson as i get it i will tell an honest opinion about what i think about the light. The only thing i wonder is if anybody have ever bought the same light and can tell by fact that it sucks??

#14 ·
Hi guys! I received the taillight today, i plugged it to the bike and asked my girlfriend to step on the brake. The brake light is awesome and very very bright! The "V" formation is bright and very nice looking. The quality of the whole taillight is super. Iam more then pleased with this taillight and i can really recommend it!

#16 ·
I just put the same tail light on my 09 dx in smoke lens and I was surprised how bright they are. I am very pleased with the light and would recommend it to anyone. 58 led's come on when you hit the brakes. the clear alternatives has one with 48 led's and in the smoke lens the entire unit has a greenish tint. I sent that one back and got the v light from custom dynamicsj along with the led turn signals and signal stabilizer. Great mod and you will improve your chances of being seen on the road by all those numnutz' that never seem to see you

#17 ·
I have the CD non-V version. Very bright. Quality is good. Comes with gasket. LEDs are guaranteed for life. I also have their rear signals and front Moon Shinz (I think thats what they're called) with white driving light ring and amber turn clusters. One of my Moon Shinz had a couple LEDs that didn't light when I got them. They let me bring it to their tent during Bikeweek and swapped it out no questions asked. All are very bright. Trust me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#18 ·
How about a video of the Custom Dynamics V version guys????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.