Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Modded front cover

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Mr Large 
#1 ·
I finally had some time to Mod the front Pulley cover, I started to paint the pulley to match (kinda) the bike, still not done.I posted before and after pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks original, very cool, what did you use for the center?

#3 ·
I used 1/8" lexan(Polycarbonate sheet) you can drill it, torque it ,usually without destroying it,the only problem with it is that is is a soft material and scrathces a little easier than regular plexiglass,but I got some pcs. for free from a friends glass co. Thank you.

#8 ·
I used a 4 1/2'' hole saw,for the center and a dremel to cut the small threaded posts on the back,also used a makita baby sander to polish the large hole starting with a 120 grit and worked it up to a cork belt with oil ,the spikes I put in are larger than I wanted but thats what a local co. had in stock,I may change the inside color a little,this took me about 2 hrs. just to cut and cost me about $25.00.Hope this helps.

#19 ·
I was actually thinking more about heat for the F brothers, I agree not really an issue for DX guys.

I have done a very similar mod. I used a 1/4"x5" piece of lexan with a 1/8" step to sit flush. I also plan on installing the Rizoma pully cover.

I bought some cheap screen protectant film off ebay, hoping it will help prevent scratches

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Inch-Scr...eReader_Screen_Protectors&hash=item3ccc1dc4b2

#21 ·
this video is a real eye opener in acrylic vs polycarbonate windshields, the shot gun is cool, if you have a shield on your bike now you may want to walk out and see what the product stamp on it says

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlEfJFDWXpM
Great Video, I did a store front window 6'x'6' in Yonkers N.Y. with 1/2" Polycarb for a friends Bar ,three guys beat that window for 35 minutes before the police got there with crowbars, garbage cans, tire irons and didn`t break it, the Polycarb had the scratch resisant coating on it which held up great,all I had to do was buff a few small areas and it look good again,great product,I have the Rifle Polycarb shield on my bike also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.