Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Big guy on little bike?

13K views 40 replies 24 participants last post by  Vambo 
#1 · (Edited)
Do I look to big for my VROD? I'm 6 feet tall, 280pounds and it feels great in reach, the seat and leg length, then my daughter takes a pic of me and wow, my VROD looks small! Its a long lean bike, fast as hell and I love to ride it. Just posting the pic because the way she took the pic makes me look like a giant, even with my wifes and my Challengers in the background.

See less See more
#37 ·
Philthy has it absolutely right. They are not small...6'2" 250 here

I've a brother in law that has a new Street Glide I park along side of him a lot and from behind the V Rod is about the same height as a street glide. The bags on the SG and fairing make it look bigger but it is not. It is an optical illusion.

Park your V along side a Sportster - that will give you a better idea of what a small bike in size a Sportster is.

Besides I have almost twice the HP that the SG has and that always makes the V larger LOL

#4 ·
Your link isn't working for me. But what I will say is during one dyno day I talked to a big guy that had a Boulevard M109 and he said he wanted a Vrod but it was too small for him and the M109 fit him a little better. After looking at it it made sense to me. The tank was wider and just different than the Vrod's longer/slender look.

#5 ·
Paging "James4XL"!!!
There are plenty of members here that are much taller/larger than you.

#9 ·
You bunch a Shriners!!!:angeldev:

#10 ·
6'5" and 280 lbs here. I do notice when I get off my Softail and get on the V-Rod, it feels like my knees are scratching my ears!!

BUT, I have never bought a vehicle to fit me or for comfort.

I do understand your point though :)

#12 ·
Present and accounted for!

And soon to pass my "Worlds biggest Vrodder" title on to a suitable recipient, maybe R34P3R !

Even though I have enjoyed my V it just doesn't suit me for real long rides or 2 up, something I hope to be doing more of. I found the Tallboy seat to be my best fit and I did a 500 mile day with it recently but 2 up on it only works with my very short, petite lady friend and I hate to leave the big girls out.!:D I'd love to keep it for the fun I do have with it but I can't justify paying taxes and insurance on 2 bikes.

I have come to terms with a dealer for a shiny new 2012, red, FLD(Switchback). I plan to pull the trigger Friday.

PS, don't worry about how you look on it, enjoy it! And if someone with a little man complex says something about it, pinch his head off!

Riding off into the sunset

#16 ·
Already sold the Elky, bought a Cadillac!

I'll be hanging around, made some good friends here that I'll be keeping in touch with! Who knows, might be on a vrod again some day because I still think they're great bikes.

#17 ·
No, keeping my rod, it makes me happy and I love the look of the bike. If anything I might trade it in next year for a muscle, or just customize this one. I think it was just he angle of the shot. It's a great ride and a sexy bike!

#30 ·
This reminds me of "Do these jeans make my ass look big?".

Answer : No. Your ass makes your ass look big!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.