Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Newbie!

2K views 38 replies 35 participants last post by  Heavyhitters 
#1 ·
I've been lurking in the back ground for several months now, figured i would finally say hello. I have to say this place is amazing how much info i have gained on the rod just searching and reading. Wanted to attach some pics so everone could see what I've been able to do with alittle $ and knowledge. This is my third Harley, but i haven't had one in over 12 years. So glad to be back riding again.

Attachments

See less See more
#31 ·
2006 cvo vrscse2

I have a 2006 VRSCSE2 and I put a new battery in it and rode an hour or 2 and the battery light and the engine light came on. After those being on 30 minutes or so it started to spit and spudder untill it complety died. Nothing worked, lights or anything. After getting it home I charged it for a little bit and it cranked right up. Any ideas whats wrong? Stator? Regulator or something else? I really dont know much about a Harley so any advise will help!
Please help!?!! THANKS in Addvance!

#35 ·
Welcome! Very nice bike I like the "clean look" of the backend without the belt covers..what kind of rear pully is that??

#37 ·
new to... here

I'm 63, grew up north of SF, Ca.
Motorcycles from mid teens, Honda fifties and such...
Friends had Triumph 650's, I was looking for one...
Bought a 1952FL for $300, drove it home- this was 1969...
Also have/ had a few Kawasaki rockets
Just got a 2007 FXDL (195 miles on it)... Getting it dialed in.

Have worked auto machine shop- ten years. Grew up in an auto parts store, an old style one... I do staging set up now.
Karl

#38 ·
Before I bought my B, I was looking at an '06 NR :moped: A blue one,was contemplating the mid-controls,then I saw the B,which was a new left-over <05> with forward controls,AND it was cheaper :deal: sooooo...

But anyway.. I LOVE your NR! I like the lines,with the stock exhaust removed it shows alot more of the swingarm and rear section. Dunno if I am in favor of removing the belt guards,even though by doing that,it also makes the rear less cluttered.

At anyrate,thats a sweet bike :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.