Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Clutch master leaking out of plunger

676 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  RustyG 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I took my factory levers off to put on my nice new Oberon levers and I noticed it was wet inside by the plunger. I poked at the plunger to see if it seemed loose and it popped out quite a ways and a bunch of Dot 4 poured out of it and onto the floor (probably half ounce or so). I shoved it back in as fast as I could and held it while I wiped everything down quickly and stuck the old lever back on.

Is there a seal inside there that is probably damaged? Are these replacement parts or do you just buy a new Clutch master and it will have all these internals in it?

I did a search but it doesn't appear this is the usual leak associated with these things, from what I read it appears most guys have problems with it leaking out around the cover?

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
There is a repair kit available. Check with your H-D dealer for availability. I have a 2007 parts manual so I may not have the correct part number.

#3 ·
Thanks man. I found a set off of '12 so I am just goin to replace them both anyways, I have put way to much money into this bike to leave these as is, they are starting to blister anyways. My look I will still need the rebuild kit for the new ones as well, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.