Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

My ride when I'm not on my Night Rod..

5K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  Michelangelo 
#1 ·
After a photograph sparked some interest in my P/ST bike, Fabster suggested I put up a few more pics and some details in the Race section.

The bike started out as a Suzuki Hayabusa...now everything about the bike has either been altered, replaced or completely removed.

The frame was sent to McIntosh Machine and Fabrication...now it is a complete McIntosh chassis with short neck, cut rails, lightened, braced and has Terry's Alumi-Pro swingarm, rear subframe, dry sump tank and aluminum rear mount radiator.

Engine is still stock bore and stroke with JE pistons, Carillo rods, Web cams, Ferrea S/S valves, Kibblewhite springs, retainers and keepers. The head is done by Lazer Porting in PA. Oiling is dry sump and cooling uses a rear mount radiator and electric water pump.

Transmission is from FBG with undercut and hardened gears and uses big billet shafts.

Turbo is a Garrett GT35R with water injection.

Engine management is Magnetti Marelli full stand alone.

Bodywork is Catalyst Racing Composites.

Every item on this bike has either been polished, powder coated, or anodized...I like to go fast AND look good... :)

See less See more
#6 ·
hahaha, that is actually a "her"....she is a friend of mine, Dawn Minturn (shedoes some NHRA PSM races). She was on a Top Gas bike during testing and an axle adjuster failed sending her into my lane. Thankfully I had a great R/T and a 1.24 60' !! Otherwise I woulda been frustrated... :)

#16 ·
Thanks Guys, the bike is a lot of fun....for you know for something that only goes from A to B in a straight line. Best time is 7.29 @ 200 in the 1/4 and 4.80 @ 163 in the 1/8th.

What kind of millage do you get and how is the suspension two up?

usually about 6-8 gallons of C16 on a typical race weekend. That gets us through one test session, qualifying and eliminations.

Not really comfy for two up....but I have done it!!

#19 ·
I kinda have a thing about color matching things.....

I have only just stepped out of my comfort zone with the Sedona Orange V rod...hahaha

....and no wheelie bar. V&H eat your heart out!
with a hand clutch and street tire too !! Eddie is actually a good friend of mine and helps me out with my P/ST bike on occasion...

AMA Dragbike Nationals at Norwalk, won this event..we ran the finals at 10:30pm and it was 40 degrees !!

AMA Dragbike Nationals at Indy with my umbrella "Girl"..haha

#18 ·
....and no wheelie bar. V&H eat your heart out!

#26 ·
dam darren, i look forward to seeing you next season. a nitro racer,Bobby Hoover, got a 4.60 1/8 mile index class started so i'll be attending more mirock races.

#27 ·
As it looks now I might be at more MiRock events also. The Cup move to Bradenton from Valdosta for the spring opener will be one I miss. I plan to do Indy and Virginia...will have to see how the season goes before I deceide on the Finals in November. Hope to see you at some races for sure !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.