Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Repainting Coolant Pipes

501 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  pwrman 
#1 ·
Over the summer I noticed some seepage or bubbling around the return coolant pipe's shrink clamp (I cannot say that three times fast)...and finally got around to taking it off the bike...I followed the info in the HD service manual used a solder iron to take the suspect shrink cramp off...what I found was the paint under the shrink cramp had bubbled/corroded...maybe the coolant did that not sure...but I've sanded the pipe down to remove the bad paint. I bought some Krylon high heat paint and was planning on getting some ceramic primer from the auto parts store...hopefully a fresh paint job and a new shrink cramp will remedy the problem. All in all pretty easy repair so far...of course I haven't tried to put the new shrink cramp on.

So...the question...some of the guys I work with have done similar paint jobs using spray can paint and they did not have good results...could be the paint they used...I don't know...any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.