Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Analog Oil Temp Gauge.

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  dig10 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I haven't heard of this happening nor have i had any problems-
I do recall a few complaining that theirs had discollered and could not read the numbers.
but i think it was in the first years

#3 ·
i had one one my sporty and the vrod but never had a problem.

#5 ·
if it ain't given you a problem then i wouldn't worry with it

#6 ·
Just discarded one. Glass fogged over and then cracked. No obvious reason, no abuse or over heating etc. Just broke.

#11 ·
The gauge records the temperature of the oil regardless of whether the bike is running or not. It is a very simple device.

#17 ·
Had mine for about two years and so far so good. Trying to read the dipstick is a bear, so I just use the stock dipstick whenever I check the oil.

Probably should get a good reading on the oil with the original stick then check where the temp gauge reads and make a notch on it to make it easier to see.

Steve

#18 ·
Had mine for about two years and so far so good. Trying to read the dipstick is a bear, so I just use the stock dipstick whenever I check the oil.

Probably should get a good reading on the oil with the original stick then check where the temp gauge reads and make a notch on it to make it easier to see.

Steve
Thats what I would do, then one day as I am playing hopscotch with oil sticks I said "WTF am I doing all this for? A Shite Turkey Thermometer stuck in my oil pan that always reads the same temp anyways?" and ditched it for stock. I will say life hasn't been any worse with that thing gone. And lets face facts, people arent buying them for "Temp Concern" on a water cooled bike anyways.

#21 ·
I've had mine on for about 4yrs with no problem, it still looks like new.
However I use the original stick to check the oil level.
Mine is more for show.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.