Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Happy with the Galfers now.

614 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Louis 
#1 ·
My stock rotors "warped" years ago. This is no surprise, road brakes just don't seem to be able to keep up with the conditions here (my 350Z is the worst culprit, disks and pads have been changed, the brakes still belch smoke and judder like mad after half an hour of hard use).

Anyway, since the stockers had warped I ordered some Galfer wave rotors. When they turned up I was pleased - look great, way lighter.

In the meantime the stock rotors UN-warped. I go along with the theory that disks don't warp, they just get uneven deposits of pad material, and if you are using abrasive pads eventually they clean themselves up (until next time). So it was years before I fitted the Galfers (house moves and other chaos).

When I fitted the Galfers they almost immediately "warped". As I said above I don't think these things do actually warp, but whatever, they juddered.

They've fixed themselves now though, so I don't think there is an inherent problem, and hence I'll give them a positive review.

Significant saving in un-sprung weight, stop the bike at least as well as stock, look good. Buy, if you have the cash handy.

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice to know you liked them! I have mine waiting to be installed soon. What pads are you using?

BTW I noticed the Galfers pads has no "slots" in the pad material as do the Harley stockers, is that good or bad? I would've thought the slots where for some kind of "self-cleaning", but on the other hand the slots may provide free space for debri and loose pad material to accumulate and hence make them uneven...or something like that.. LOL

PS: Another thing: For anyone looking at getting them, Galfers have their part numbers for VRod rotors all mixed up regarding Brembo and non Brembo rotors and pads, so make sure to verify closely before getting yours ;)

#4 ·
Ebc.

Sent from my e1808_v75_jbaol1_5647 using Motorcycle.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.