Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain:10%Wind: E at 9 mph
Details

See less See more
#8 ·
Very Nice!!

Good Luck to all of you.

#9 ·
Who else is planning on being there? We're leaving Thursday early, at least a 12 hour drive.

#10 ·
time is drawing near! tomorrow at this time i hope to be entering georgia!

#17 ·
Noel sorry you could'nt make it what a great weekend of racing. Went out in 5rd to Stanley Russell giving him the finish line my fault. My bike ran 9s all weekend thanks to great air and track conditions with over 800 tec cards this was one hell of an event.I will be back in the spring for sure what a weekend. The Ausies were in town and was able to meet Corey great guy he sure did like seeing a 9 sec belt drivin v-rod go down the track.Time to relax a bit and start getting ready for next year whoo.

#23 ·
I'm with Taco, this was a remarkable event. Even though it was a bit lonely being the only Destroyer there, we had some fun. Taco, Mike & Sandy are great supporters. My appreciation for what great folks they are cannot be adequately expressed. This goes for all the others that couldn't make it - Noel and Griz.

As Noel observed, I went 4 rounds Saturday. Rookie mistakes did me in. 4th round, asleep at the tree. 0.333 RT. If I would have had half of that, would have beat him. Sunday was worse. We started the day bogging (4000 revs), not sure if the bike was getting tired or track prep was over the top. Robbie went up on TP, next run was ok. 2nd round bogged again, about 2000 revs. Decided to raise launch revs 500. Call it fatigue, inattention, whatever, it was a boneheaded mistake - instead of dialing in 8200, I reversed the dials and dialed 2800. You can be sure that will NEVER happen again. On the other hand, I have a video a friend shot of my 3rd pass on Saturday where the margin of victory was 0.0044 of a second. That was a RACE! I'll get the video posted later today.

The shame in all of this is it spoiled a great event for Robbie. He had me dialed in. We dialed 9.62, ran 9.62. Dialed 9.69 on another run, ran 9.70. As PatM correctly recognized, Robbie is a bracket racing machine. What a great help.

As Taco said, time to relax a bit. The bike goes to Elkhart Saturday for a refresh. Dennis goes on a weight reduction program. And gets psyched for the Nitro School in April. Yep, pulled the trigger. I'll probably be running both at some events next year.

Also looking for a toy hauler trailer with living quarters if anyone knows of one, please let me know. I'm watching ebay and RVTrader. I wanna be like Griz and stay at the track!

For everyone that helped out this year, I don't know how to repay you. I don't want this to get all mushy, but it was a meaningful year for me after fighting life-threatening cancer last year. All the support and the thrill of winning a round here and there really made the year for me.

Once again, thanks to all and for the new friendships. Can't wait to see all of you next spring!

#29 ·
I'm with Taco, this was a remarkable event. ..........For everyone that helped out this year, I don't know how to repay you. I don't want this to get all mushy, but it was a meaningful year for me after fighting life-threatening cancer last year. All the support and the thrill of winning a round here and there really made the year for me.

Once again, thanks to all and for the new friendships. Can't wait to see all of you next spring!
Great race report, I've made the same rookie mistake of turning the POTS the wrong way, reversing my Launch RPM :banghead: Lucky for me, that no longer happens with the DRL400.

Have fun with Nitro School......:notworth:

See you next year

#25 ·
Toy hauler

:dance::dance::dance:"Also looking for a toy hauler trailer with living quarters if anyone knows of one, please let me know. I'm watching ebay and RVTrader. I wanna be like Griz and stay at the track!":dance::dance::dance:

This is going to be a great move! No drama this way and you will be much better rested if you can go to bed and not stay up all night bench racing or pallet dragging with me, Robbie and the UN -usual suspects! Do you want a pull at the bumper type or a 5th wheel???? What size/ $$$ range. PM me, I'm a camper expert. Been at it since 1973!

#26 ·
Hate I didn't get an opportunity to meet you guys, but heard the announcer mention Taco's name several times going rounds...nice job sir !!

I made the big show with a 7.35 @ 199, but tuning errors ended our day early on Sunday. We had what shoulda been a .teen pass loaded at 200+, but my bike is evidently VERY sensitive to timing changes...we did get some good data in testing and suffered 0 broken parts, so we are set for the Spring opener. I will make a point to search you guys out if you are there for the Spring Man Cup race. Oh, and x10 on the staying at the track !! I made the move to living qtrs. in 04/05 maybe and has been the single best investment to date. I started with a bumper pull 24' with basics, then in '07 ordered a 36' gooseneck with all the comforts of home and a 14' garage. I am now in a class A coach pulling a 22' enclosed and I have to tell you...staying at the track the duration of the event is fantastic, no matter what you're staying in..even a tent..haha...Friday night and Saturday night when the racing ends...the real fun begins !!! :D

#27 ·
hate we didn't find you darren, i spect we'll be there in the spring. staying at the track is the way to go. much more fun bench racing and visiting with friends you only see at races.

#30 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.