Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Frame Bag???

15K views 94 replies 31 participants last post by  ELUSIVE 1 
#1 ·
The small frame bag which mounts on the left side....anyone know where I can get one?

#4 ·
Frame Bag

Great for small items like cell phones and sunglasses, this compact bag tucks neatly in the left side of the frame for a clean look.

94204-03A

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '02-later VRSC™ models (except VRSCR).

MSRP US $34.99

#11 ·
Frame Bag

I recently install a frame bag on my 2012 nrs.It was a pain in the
u kno.I used some black electrical tape on contact areas,it blended
well w/black frame.The fuel tank is in the way.I had to use a needle
and thread to pull the strap by the tank.I use it for insurance papers and garage door opener. I bought it from Harley.:cool:

#12 ·
I recently install a frame bag on my 2012 nrs.It was a pain in the
u kno.I used some black electrical tape on contact areas,it blended
well w/black frame.The fuel tank is in the way.I had to use a needle
and thread to pull the strap by the tank.I use it for insurance papers and garage door opener. I bought it from Harley.:cool:
CA just passed a law allowing use of Electronic Ins papers (On your phone) and iphone apps open garage doors.

#20 ·
#24 ·
I've had mine for years, including with the larger fuel tank. I added additional paint protector strips, so the wear is not an issue. It was not easy to get it in place with the UE tank, but was doable, with lots of patience.

My bag typically holds my insurance paperwork, a leatherman, and a small stretch net that lets me secure things to the pillion in a pinch.

#27 ·
I was just funnin. It's Friday so figured why not........No bad intended :)

#36 · (Edited)
I guess it depends on whether you want to ride or show. I've been riding Harleys for 30+ years. I used old-school "equestrian" "leather" saddlebags for years. Bikes were called "iron horses". First thing we did to our Harleys was remove the turn signals. V-Rods look great with some old-school touches, too. That includes chrome. Anybody out there ever heard of Dave Mann? Man. I'm getting old....

#40 ·
It isn't about show dude. Once you have lived with lockable, detachable proper waterproof hard luggage that can be removed from the bike in a couple of seconds and carried into a hotel room like a suitcase, all you can do is laugh at this archaic equestrian crap people stick on bikes. This is an example of an old 47 liter Krauser saddlebag, the first hard bags I had on a bike (after tiring of the lack of utility of leather bags)

If you need storage for small nick knacks, what is wrong with a small magnetic tank bag? 2007 and later the air box lids are steel. I use one from Chase Harper (US made, their factory is in Santa Barbara CA) called the "Stealth" tank bag that works wonderfully. It stays put and doesn't interfere with my riding at all.

#50 ·
ELUSIVE 1 has just posted two pictures of "right sided glovebox "in the bagger section. Evidently, Erik/E1 is keeping the mounting system top secret....till March 2013. E1 is also working on the Left glovebox. There will be optional bag/box materials to choose from,composite or leather .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.