Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Handlebar controls - what other models are compatible?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  gator582 
#1 ·
Hey guys, title is pretty self explanatory.

I have an 08 NRS and the left handlebar control is damaged. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what other Harley models have the same controls? Didn't find much in the classifieds here so thought maybe I would check out HDForums as well if I know which sections I can look in.

Thanks in advance...

#2 ·
I'd go with minimal "internal cables & controls"...if you've the $$$$...
While you're at it, get "Z bars" with internal controls.

#3 ·
Thanks for the response. Z bars are nice but not in the build plans for me. I am doing drag bars and a styling similar to No Limit Customs bikes, including their airbox.

Thinking about using the Toxic XXL drag bars, which have internal wiring capability. Just need to find new left side switch housing and switches or a set for both sides if i found something that looked a little more custom.

Someone here mentioned Arlen Ness controls, but I don't have any experience with their products. Anyone care to comment?

#5 ·
... Just wondering if anyone can tell me what other Harley models have the same controls? ...
The switch housings and switches are the same for most reasonably current H-D models except full-boat baggers that have radio and cruise control switches, too, and some SE models.

As an example (from the '07 P&A Catalog), Chrome Switch Housing Kit (P/N 70222-96B) "Fits '96-later VRSC, XL, Dyna, Softail and FLHR Road King models. Does not fit FXSTDSE and FLHRSEF models."

P/Ns for original equipment black left-side switch housing pieces:
lower - 71568-96A
upper - 71567-96

SWITCH ASSEMBLY, dimmer & horn: P/N 71597-96B
SWITCH ASSEMBLY, left turn signal: P/N 71598-00

#6 ·
Thanks Gator, that is exactly what I was looking for. Went on Ebay right after you posted this and picked up what I needed for $50 so your assistance was greatly appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.