Harley Davidson Employee Discount [Archive] - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum

: Harley Davidson Employee Discount

shibbel
09-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Does anyone know how the discount program for HD employees works? That is, how much of a discount do they get...are they allowed to purchase bikes for family?

NightMare
09-12-2007, 02:06 AM
Last time I checked there was no discount on bikes, just MotorClothes and P&A. Factory workers might be different, but us parts slingers only get the above.

shibbel
09-12-2007, 02:28 AM
Last time I checked there was no discount on bikes, just MotorClothes and P&A. Factory workers might be different, but us parts slingers only get the above.

Sorry should have been more specific...I meant people working here in the Milwaukee headquarters (i.e. engineers, designers, etc.)

Shed
09-12-2007, 03:38 AM
You pay retail to the deaqler of your choice then you receive the rebate from the MoCo Not for family.

thumbsupracing
09-12-2007, 03:55 AM

You're a parts slinger?

Pondo
09-12-2007, 04:28 AM
I don't know the details, but a guy I know at HD gets a new bike every year. He told me the deal once, but the details of that night are unclear yet. :cheers:
I do know that it's a deal that the public can't get. I asked him about it before I bought my Dyna 4-5 years ago and he couldn't do anything for me.

thumbsupracing
09-12-2007, 04:35 AM
He has his own kneepads...

Bill
09-12-2007, 04:55 AM
Alright this is what my Brother in-law gets (so he says). He works at the York PA plant. 25% off bike, parts and motor clothes. He must keep the bike for 1 year before selling it or trading it in or lose the discount. Plus ony one bike per year for "only" for the employee.

Pondo
09-12-2007, 04:58 AM
Alright this is what my Brother in-law gets (so he says). He works at the York PA plant. 25% off bike, parts and motor clothes. He must keep the bike for 1 year before selling it or trading it in or lose the discount. Plus ony one bike per year for "only" for the employee.
Sounds about right, but you'd have to be slurring your words for me to be sure.

Youngzee
09-12-2007, 07:06 AM
:them: I met a guy in training that worked in WI and he went to the dealership, bought the bike from there with no discount then took his sales receipt to HR and got a check for 25% of purchase price.

thumbsupracing
09-12-2007, 07:10 AM
I believe I heard something similar from a local rider who buys the bikes from his brother who works there. He always gets a 2 year old bike from his brother...

shibbel
09-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Has anyone had any experience with having a friend (thats a HD employee) purchase the bike, and keeping the bike in their name for a year? And maybe having a 2nd person on the title for insurance purposes?

vroddrew
09-12-2007, 02:56 PM
The problem with the "friend" scheme is this:

The downside is too great. For one thing, while I doubt H-D actively investigates where "employee purchase" bikes are parked at night, if they did find out someone was abusing the system - the employee would probably lose their job. It'd have to be an awfully good friend for me to risk my job for them.

You'd also have to be pretty trusting on the insurance thing too. If the bike got in an accident, and your name was on the title, not only would you risk losing your job - but you also might be named in a lawsuit.

Its probably just not worth it to too many H-D employees, just so a friend can save a thousand or so dollars. With that said - I'm sure some people have probably done it.

snd450
09-12-2007, 05:57 PM
It depends on the dealer. Yes the employee gets a discount but its not the same across the board.

tyson876
09-12-2007, 07:31 PM
It depends on the dealer. Yes the employee gets a discount but its not the same across the board.
employees dont recieve any discounts from dealers

tyson876
09-12-2007, 07:32 PM
close but it a 20% rebate from the moco, the recently changed to 2 bikes per year. also 20% rebate on accessories too

Bill
09-12-2007, 07:48 PM
close but it a 20% rebate from the moco, the recently changed to 2 bikes per year. also 20% rebate on accessories too
I knew one of you H-D boys would set us straight! Tks Tyson!:D

snd450
09-12-2007, 11:31 PM
employees dont recieve any discounts from dealers

Ok then. I work part-time with a dealer and yes I get a discount on parts, apparel, and bikes. However its only at the dealer that I do work for.

TaxmanHog
09-12-2007, 11:43 PM

I am curious! :wazzup:

Is the rebate viewed as a taxable fringe benefit? :mad:

If it is, the value of the rebate may appear in the employees W-2 at the end of the tax year. :broke:

EZE RIDER
09-12-2007, 11:57 PM
I feel special I get 20% off my HD parts too. From Chicago Harley and no tax too. No bikes though.

Bill
09-13-2007, 01:15 AM
I believe the discount isn't given at the time of purchase (except of buying a bike). The employee takes the recipt to work and they are given the 20% back then. This is above and beyond any "discount" or sale the dealer gives them. Remember dealers are not Harley Davidson. So any discounts on products must go through H-D themselves and not the dealer. Tyson...

tyson876
09-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Ok then. I work part-time with a dealer and yes I get a discount on parts, apparel, and bikes. However its only at the dealer that I do work for.
you work for the dealer not the moco